Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Follow Through..."


"When you are given an opportunity to really shine, what do you do with that? Do you put your schedule or excuses aside to come through? We have all had those times when we couldn’t make something happen. ... [B]ut when your future knocks at your door for an amazing referral or a media opportunity: that’s it! You’ve been given a gift. What are you going to do with it?"
I was reading the entire above article over on Inspired By This and thought, how very true is all of this. And simple. And how sad/upsetting/frustrating it is that some vendors just can't seem to grasp this simple concept.

But then I thought, this article is perfect for not just wedding vendors, but any of us who are working, looking for work, starting a business, etc. and want to move ahead and grow. It's easy to get frustrated when your situation hasn't progessed, but it's quite possible the reason for that lack of progression is staring you in the mirror.

You have to ask yourself, "Am I really doing my best and all I can do to move ahead?" And if the answer to that question is something to the affect of, "Yes, kinda sorta...right after I check my Facebook," or "I try but this person does this and that person does that and my boss hates me (the blame game)," then realize it's time to re-evaluate.

Essentially, do your job consistently well, take advantage of presented opportunities while continuing to make your own opportunies and you will progress.

2 comments:

Chichi {From Now Till I Do} said...

Great post! I couldn't agree more. Your reputation is your most valuable asset, whether it is at work as an employee or as a business owner. It frustrates me no end when businesses let themselves down on the simplest of things. The customer is king. Treat them as such.

{First time on the blog - love it!}

CR said...

@ From Now Till I Do, Exactly! I'm going through this right now with an order I placed recently and no one is taking ownership of their mishap. It's all just so simple.

Regarding the blog, thank you so much!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails